Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mobile phones - Progressing or Regressing?

Anna Yong

Lately, I’ve been noticing that my smartphone is behaving rather erratically. Erratic to the point that it crashed in the middle of a phone call. And I’m sure that the propensity of this happening is MUCH higher than it was in the past with previous, simpler generations of mobile phones which only made phone calls, plain and simple. (I seem to remember, that any time I needed to call on my now ancient candybar cell phone it always worked.)

Don’t get me wrong - I love the fact that I can surf the web, check email, text, take and send pictures and more, with my multi-faceted phone. I consider this progressing. I don’t like the fact that it would crash in the middle of a phone call. This is regressing. Mobile device management is the technology that helps ensure a phone working at its best, and would have prevented this regression in my phone’s behaviour.

If we have the ability to ensure progress, let’s make sure it applies in parallel to both what my phone can do, and how well it does it.

No comments:

Post a Comment